Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick report. Fished Sat and Sun. High wind on Saturday forced us into protected waters but Rock Fish were good sized and on the bite. Fog was present but not bad. Had at least 1/2 mile of clear view so crossed the shipping lanes without concern.

Sunday my pals left so fished alone. I had a call from a buddy about a huge area full of birds, krill and showing salmon. Finally found the area and ran into Tony G. I Landed 8 on the cast fly but top water was tough. Tony G took at least one on top with a cast fly and several others harling. Ran into another good patch of bait on the way in from Swiftsure and killed a 2nd hatchery coho. About 10 pounds though so some nice size out there this early in the season.

Leaving again tomorrow so will post if I have time. Trying to work 3.5 day work weeks this month so makes it tough to get everything done.

We will be at The Cape. If you are out and want to stop by just ask Gordy or Sherri which site we are in. Come out if you can. The fish are there in better numbers than I expected. W

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi. I was out at Neah Bay also this last weekend. My report is similar to yours. I landed a nice COHO with my fly, but all the other fish I caught were wild COHOs. So I could not keep them. It was weird so I only took home 1 fish. My buddy landed a nice 24lb King in the Midway area about 300 ft of water. We also stayed at the Cape. There were three of us in 17 1/2 Arima. We were there Fri-Sun. Fish seemed to be active from the garbage dump to tatoosh. The red buoy was also good during a tide exchange. My other fishing partners used down-riggers and herring, but did not catch near as many as I did. I will not fish for silvers any other way then with a flyrod. In general fishing to me seemed slow. I suspect that it will pick up in the next few weeks.

Aaron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.