Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick report. Fished Sat and Sun. High wind on Saturday forced us into protected waters but Rock Fish were good sized and on the bite. Fog was present but not bad. Had at least 1/2 mile of clear view so crossed the shipping lanes without concern.

Sunday my pals left so fished alone. I had a call from a buddy about a huge area full of birds, krill and showing salmon. Finally found the area and ran into Tony G. I Landed 8 on the cast fly but top water was tough. Tony G took at least one on top with a cast fly and several others harling. Ran into another good patch of bait on the way in from Swiftsure and killed a 2nd hatchery coho. About 10 pounds though so some nice size out there this early in the season.

Leaving again tomorrow so will post if I have time. Trying to work 3.5 day work weeks this month so makes it tough to get everything done.

We will be at The Cape. If you are out and want to stop by just ask Gordy or Sherri which site we are in. Come out if you can. The fish are there in better numbers than I expected. W

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.