Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to these forums, so I'm hoping I do this right. Anyway, here goes.

About 10 or 12 years ago I was into fly fishing and fly tying. I had only done it a few years and didn't have a whole lot of success with it, so I think that is part of the reason I gave it up. In any case, I'm getting really interested in it again but I've run into a couple small problems. I don't know the area(I'm from the east side, East Wenatchee to be exact), my tactics aren't that great, and my friends/relatives who fish all work a normal schedule. I work weekend shift. I have all my own gear, but no buddy and no knowledge of where to go.

In any case, here's my offer. I want to fish any day monday through thursday(though I need to plan ahead to arrange child care). I'm game for anywhere within 2 hours of Everett, which is where I live. What I want is someone who I can fish with, wouldn't mind showing me the ropes, teaching me some tactics and river etiquette, and catching some fish with me. This is where one of you comes in(hopefully). I'm game for fishing for cuts out of the sound, river steelhead, whatever. If it can be caught on a fly, I want to fish for it.

So what you bring:
1. Your Gear(I bring my own, you bring yours.)
2. Your knowledge
3. A healthy appetite.

What I bring:
1. I'll cover all the food.
2. I'll drive and cover all gas expenses.
3. I'll buy the beer/booze
4. I'll bring the stogies(if that is your thing) you're on your own for cigs and dip(if thats your thing).

A little about me: I'm 28, married with a kid, and work as a machinist. I'm out of shape and overweight, but I'm hoping rekindling an outdoor hobby will help me get a bit healthier. Plus I have a little 6 weight 8 and a half foot bamboo rod built in 1972 that I inherited that I really want to catch a fish on.

I don't really care how old you are(I probably won't buy you booze if you're under 21) but be over 18. PM me or Email me at cellis8200 at gmail dot com if this sounds like something that would interest you. We can get together for lunch or something before we go so we can get to know each other.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Chris

·
Indi Ira
9,492 Posts
Hey Chris,

Welcome to the board!

I live in Everett as well and as a teacher my schedule might fit yours. I'd be up for a couple of trips this summer. I'll keep you posted.

Ira..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.