Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Indi Ira
9,505 Posts
Lake Washington, far North end. About now actually. Sawyer lake used to have a great population of them. I've caught them in many other lakes, but most were stunted. I did manage a couple of nice ones out of Cranberry, but most were tiny and I struggled to even hook them on size 18 mids.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
On my side of the Cascades there's Potholes and Moses Lake and Evergreen and our State DFW seems to battle them on many of our "trout" lakes too (caught several perch on submerged chironomids on one of the Sun Lakes lakes). Size of perch seems to vary considerably. Last year right after ice off, I found a spot on a lake where the perch were pushing 12 - 13 inches. Now that lake I can't give the name up on.... so sorry.

·
Dumbfounded
10,887 Posts
Figures.... I went fishing yesterday for trout and all I could catch was damned perch and was cussing the critters and you're looking for them! :confused:

Supposedly, they planted the reservoir with 10K trout and I only managed one.... you could have caught all the perch you wanted if you were fishing with me yesterday! :eek:

Downside.... they're located in Oregon. But hey, if you don't mind the drive you can harvest a ton of the suckers (no limit) ... please... take them all...

·
Smells like low tide.
7,951 Posts
I found a few lakes in my area (within 100 miles radius) that the WDFW website says have perch. I need to learn where/how/when to target them in at least one of those lakes. I found some in a small lake once when I was working the shoreline weeds with an olive wooly bugger and I flubbed a back cast, putting my fly in deeper water. Suddenly I had a small perch on. So I turned around and cast to the perch. All the ones I caught were small.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figures.... I went fishing yesterday for trout and all I could catch was damned perch and was cussing the critters and you're looking for them! :confused:

Supposedly, they planted the reservoir with 10K trout and I only managed one.... you could have caught all the perch you wanted if you were fishing with me yesterday! :eek:

Downside.... they're located in Oregon. But hey, if you don't mind the drive you can harvest a ton of the suckers (no limit) ... please... take them all...
Well gene, up here in Washington , Perch which I like to eat in the larger sizes is about the only game in town except for stocker trout. so I have decided due to regulations to become a perch fisherman.

·
Joe Streamer
4,156 Posts
Lake Sammamish at the outlet around Marymoor Park is a perch funnel. Unfortunately you need a boat to reach them and the only launch is at the opposite end of the lake at the state Park about 10 miles away.

·
CCA, Hatchery Wild Coexist
1,540 Posts
Sunday lake, Goodwin, cottage, big lake, stickney etc.
they seem to bite the best as warms above 60 degrees. i try and stun them & leave em for eagles or osprey.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
To add to skyrise's list, try Martha Lake (Warm Beach) when the temps are where he said. They come on like a plague when it gets warm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.