Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Ugh. It's one of the amateur days. I'll stay inside tonight, I don't need to go out when jackasses drink because of some dude with a snake phobia.

I'll go out when assholes drink because it's tuesday--you know, the pro drinkers.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Ah, Saint Paddy's Day in Butte - one should experience this day at least once in Butte. O'Toole's in Helena was a great time also. I can recall eating corned beef & cabbage and washing it down with green beer in Butte's Helsinki Bar in Finntown - now that's hard-core! Everyone in Butte is Irish on March 17th. The M&M in Butte usually has a live webcam feed, but it's not running at present - all the lads and lasses must be at the parade.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
I once had a big Green-Winged Macaw named Charlie. He used to occasionally get an empty beer can, which he would promptly upend and drain the few drops that were left. A friend came over one day and had a can of Oly with him. When he finished, I told him to give it to Charlie, who immediately did his thing. As the bird had the can tipped-up, I snapped a photo. I offered it to Rainier (I played softball for them when I lived on the west side in the 70's) - I figured it would make for a clever ad campaign: "Drink Rainier - all other beer is for the birds." Evidently they weren't interested . . . so much for my venture into advertising, lol.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Well, I hear Butte, MT is supposed to have a pretty active St. Patrick's Day - the copper mines were thick with Irish, many of whose families still live there. But, I suspect it has a slightly different feel to it than that shown in the video clip. We were there many years ago during Evil Knievel Day's... did not stay late when things really get going, but it was fun and folks were having a good time.

G

·
Well, I hear Butte, MT is supposed to have a pretty active St. Patrick's Day - the copper mines were thick with Irish, many of whose families still live there. But, I suspect it has a slightly different feel to it than that shown in the video clip. We were there many years ago during Evil Knievel Day's... did not stay late when things really get going, but it was fun and folks were having a good time.
Butte was always pretty rough, tho I expect it is much more methy now.

My great grandparents grew up about a mile from each other on the Beara peninsula and met in Butte MT.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Butte was always pretty rough
Growing-up around Anaconda, Butte was our arch-rival. I recall many "spirited" discussions from my youth, lol. Fun town, though. I even bucked the odds & married a Butte girl (and had a few more "spirited" discussions along the way.); though we are no longer together, we remain best of friends. I had my share of beers with Bob ("Evel") Knievel over the years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.