Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I know it's hot in Hell... But is it humid?
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... my nephew was just stationed in Bangor Washington. He’s dying to get out fishing, but doesn’t fly fish (yet).... can anyone give me some advise or places he can go on his off time for some salmon or something?
Thanks a ton

·
Registered
192 Posts
Exclusive to military members and retired folks is Trident Lake, two small lakes with trout, blue gill and the sometime perch. Kitsap lake is nearby, Chico has some salt water action when the salmon run. Then there's a ton of saltwater action within an hours drive to keep him happy. If he's really adventerous then a few more hours he can hit the coast or any number of rivers for various species of fish. In short if you fish there are a ton of options. Welcome to Bangor!

·
Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,673 Posts
I will be happy to help him get into fly fishing around here, if he wants to. That's all I do nowadays. I'm on the Olympic Peninsula. (I'm actually sitting here by the window at my friend's house, looking at Bangor right now.) Most of the time I am around Port Townsend or Marrowstone Island areas. I fish the saltchuck and the rivers, streams and lakes, walk and wade fishing, and sometimes with a beach dory. If he can drive over here, I will help him out. I have fly fishing tackle, flies, etc., to share with him. He needs a license, and his own waders, boots, raingear, etc. Contact me offline here for a connection.

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
I live in Kitsap and my wife works at Bangor. I'd be more than happy to help your nephew if he's interested in getting into fly fishing. I also have plenty of gear fishing experience and could help there as well. If he is interested in fishing the salt at all shoot me a PM and I'll give you my contact info and I'll do the best that I can to help him out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.