Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to liquidate one of my gear rods to add another fly rod, as my 5wt looks lonely. After a fun summer of trout fishing and popper fishing for bass(especially this last week) I'm ready to take the next step and add an 8wt to my collection. I've got a line on a great deal on some redington gear and am torn between a single hander and a switch rod. I'll be using this mostly to chase silvers and steelies on the Nooksak and Skagit rivers. Please don't ask me how I'll be fishing(swingin,nymphing,ect) because I really dont know. I am self taught as all my buddies are die hard gear heads and refuse to pick up a fly rod. Everything I've learned about fly fishing has come from lurking around here:) I consider myself a quick learner and I think im pretty decent at casting a fly rod. At this point I'm kind of leaning toward the switch rod. Is this a bad idea or not, and why. What are the pro's and cons. Thanks in advance for your suggestions, Simon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.