Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a long shot, but here goes: I broke the 'mounts' off this reel and have fabricated an aluminium replacement which I glued on with HYSOL. It worked for awhile, but is no longer reliable. Price of replacing the reel is not the issue, it's just that I have had it for such a loooong time! Purchased it from Tom D. at the old Archer and Angler along with my Sage GFL 690 back in 1981. I don't know if Ambassadeur even makes Fly reels any more. So before I have to 'bury' an old friend, any ideas??? Thanks, Fred. :beathead

·
Retired Mod
10,990 Posts
I'm an ambassadeur guy. I LOVE THEM. Only the old ones, and in baitcasting. LOL. But there are a few websites that have old accessories and such. Do a web search for "Ambassadeur reel collectors". You'll get alot of searches, but you'll find them once you sort them out. Heck, even put that model in and see. But there is one I think at http://www.ambassadeuria.dk that is an ABU collectors website with BB. Go sign up and make a post about your reel and what you need. You may luck out and get what you need.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You might try calling a little shop in Sumner called The Antique Angler (253-863-0934). The owner used to repair all kinds of reels (spinning, casting, fly, etc.) but now limits himself to fly rods and reels. It's a nice little shop that probably not too many people are aware of.

WF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.