Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hopper Guy
113 Posts
I'll give some props to the Kiwi's and their Super-dri Bandit line. Been testing a WF6 for about 5 months now on several Winston rods and its a great line for pressured water. Front 20' virtually disappears on the water with no direct sunlight on it.

Its pretty much a true AFTMA 30' head so keep that in mind. Great line all things considering.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'll give some props to the Kiwi's and their Super-dri Bandit line. Been testing a WF6 for about 5 months now on several Winston rods and its a great line for pressured water. Front 20' virtually disappears on the water with no direct sunlight on it.

Its pretty much a true AFTMA 30' head so keep that in mind. Great line all things considering.
What do you mean by pressured water and front 20' disappears? I've been contemplating on trying airflo lines for my 4/5 weight

·
Hopper Guy
113 Posts
Its a dark olive green line with alternating 12" bands of olive brown in the first 20' of line.

On the water, in shady areas, its very hard to see the line as it blends into the surroundings very well. In direct sunlight its easier to see on the water but still very stealthy.

I fished a very heavily fished spring creek with an orange line and a optic green line one day and had very tough time getting fish to eat. Next day put the Bandit line on and they didn't seem to care it was there and caught big numbers of good sized trout on same flies as day before.

So to me the line was a determining factor between the two day trip. Only thing I wish they'd done didferently is make it 1/2 line heavier for windy conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.