Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody read this months issue of Fly Fisherman. Big article on washington's eastside lakes. Pretty interesting read, Grimes lake is my favorite, great times at that lake with huge cutts. And also a article about the spey casting championships, a guy from washington won, cast a spey line 150 feet. damn! YT

·
Registered
227 Posts
Always wanted to go to Grimes. I've spent many days at Lenore. How does it compare, ******? Is the water too warm because of the summer only months that it is open? I've heard that you can catch the Lahontans there on dries at times. :HAPPY

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey ray, Greg Thomas wrote the article. I think most of the eastside lake veterans already know most of the info that greg wrote about in the article. Still it amazes me that these lakes get press in a national publication. Are they that good? I fished most of the lakes mentioned, and they are good to me, but national press? wow!
Aaron J:
Grimes is great, I go every opener, june 1. ya it's packed, but the fish are biten and fight'n hard. Dry flys you ask? oh ya, parachute adams, mayflies, dragonflys, etc. We are planning a trip this year on june 1(a sunday next year). all are welcome to go. YT

·
Banned
177 Posts
The spey championship was even more interesting. Not only did Steve Choate from Washington win the thing, but Way Yin, also from Washington, placed third.

This was the first time that anyone from the US had entered. The guys virtually walked off the plane and started competing. The competition was held over three days. And if you think that 150-foot cast was something, get this: they were casting on a lake and not a river.

·
Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,673 Posts
Joan Wulff,( my teacher and mentor), held the single-hand championship only briefly, a mater of days- but when she did it she floored every male caster in the world. She's still one of the best casters that ever lived, not to overshadow being one of the best teachers and model fisheries conservationists ever as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.