Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone am coming back up home and just wanted to see if this is the right spot to post about looking for info in the Snohomish River ? and if there is anything running now ?

I live in Sacramento Ca, right now, and fish the American river and Truckee and Little Truckee with a good friend of mine who is a guide on both of those rivers, so that is were i have been doing my fishing the last year of my fly fishing career :D. Never did any fly fishing in WA, So i was wanting to know were i could fish on the Snohomish River if there is anything running right now, and were about to fish ? Fishing in waders is there much access ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
there is plenty of access, but not a whole lot running at the moment. also, the Snohomish isnt a very good fly fishing river IMO, not a whole lot of current and it is deep... better luck on the Skykomish (a tributary)

good luck!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Welcome home. Just be aware that the Truckee and Little Truckee are great fly fishing streams and no doubt have spoiled you rotten! I spent a few years down there for a job opportunity and I miss those rivers a lot. Adjust your expectations accordingly. You'll learn of new opportunities for flyfishing up here, but they aren't the same at all with what you've probably gotten accustomed to down there. Prepare for a learning curve. It'll be different - but still good after you spend some time at it. As Dead Drift said, the Snohomish is not known to be a great flyfishing stream - especially if you're intent on wading. It's best fished from a boat.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Hi everyone am coming back up home and just wanted to see if this is the right spot to post about looking for info in the Snohomish River ? and if there is anything running now ?

I live in Sacramento Ca, right now, and fish the American river and Truckee and Little Truckee with a good friend of mine who is a guide on both of those rivers, so that is were i have been doing my fishing the last year of my fly fishing career :D. Never did any fly fishing in WA, So i was wanting to know were i could fish on the Snohomish River if there is anything running right now, and were about to fish ? Fishing in waders is there much access ?
There might be something running now but it's not open yet. Close, but not open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.