Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
New Photo Gallery is good to go...

I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

I just have to ask this question. Do you have a link to it as I couldn't find it on your home page or the Discussion page. Or is it separate from everything. And one more thing,being that computer dumb as I am I don't think that I will be able to use it. First you have to be able to catch fish and second you need to be able to take it's picture. I seem to fail on both areas.:bawling

Jim:beer1 :beer1 :beer1 :beer2

·
North Bend, WA
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Photo Gallery is good to go...

Jim, It's now ready for use but I haven't yet swapped over the gallery links throughout the site to point at the new page. I'll have that done soon, just have to finish up some house keeping items. Chris

·
Registered
178 Posts
Chris,

Great addition to this awesome site!!! Thanks for all the work you put in! :thumb :thumb :thumb

Heres a question for ya. Ive noticed that many of the pics are relatively small in size (usually under 100k) but still show more than just the fish. How would i go about decreasing mine to that size??? I scan my pics at school cuz i dont have a scanner, but i also crop them way down. Once i get them on my comp I also go into the advanced properties of each and compress them to save disk space. After cropping and compressing many are still hovering upwards to 200k+. Ive even got some around 1mb (especially the scenery ones). Is this because a scan rather than use a digital camera? :dunno Im at a loss of what to do here, if i can even do anything. Thanks for anything you can toss my way.

Tyler

Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

·
North Bend, WA
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm still playing with some additional features, not sure if I'll roll them out though. Something about the simplicity of it appeals to me. I'm working on the forum to get rid of it's clutter taken on with the new version.

To answer your question, in short, it looks like the software your using sucks. I just copied / saved your photo to my system. Took it from 142K to 57K without loss in quality or size. I'd suggest trying a simple resize without compressing, which obviously isn't working.

Scans aren't the problem necessarily. It may be the scanning software, I don't know. You can always load the picture to the gallery and change it at a later date. There is a feature to update the photo within the 'edit' option.

Chris

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Hey Tyler- if you have access to Photoshop software at school open your images in the software, select image size to 400x600 or smaller (make sure to select 72 dpi), and do a "save for web" kinda a compression for dummies (i use it) to get to a good file size for web viewing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nailknot - I didnt realize there was a way to save pics for the web. I was just messin around with the software that i have (microsoft picture it)a few minutes ago and found that option. I tried it, and bingo, success. Thanks for that little tidbit i was missing. :thumb

Tyler

Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.