Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know all the details because I don't read the local newspaper rag very often, however it is my understanding and observing that they have started rebuilding the marina and are suppose to have 200 moorage slips or so. So, those of you who are boaters will have a new place to pull in to on the Hood Canal. Now you will be able to buy an Original Seabeck Pizza! I don't know when it is scheduled to complete. They have started driving new piles as of about a week ago or so.

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No room for a ramp at the marina. In the old marina, before old stuff blew out, they had a crane type strap launch. You would back your boat and trailer out onto the dock, they would pick it up and drop her in. I don't know if they still propose that. There is a WDFW launch already at Misery Point. I know they got a grant to improve that launch, but I think they are/were having problems with fisheries approving it. Not sure where that is in the process right now. You can launch there now however. There is no pier or anything tho. The photo just shows the beginnings of pile driving.

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not on hold as far as I know. Their driving pile. I was just there a day ago. Of course, DNR is an agency that is as greedy as any developer.... (personal bias there. I used to deal with them in my previous job before retiring). Anyway, if there is a hang up, it would no doubt be their "Leasing Requirements" of the tidelands beneath marinas... go figure.

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Pile derrick was in the water. Fished there Saturday in the 4th annual Billy Nick black-mouth derby. The launch is at Misery point. Bait balls hung around the point just inside the bay. Bridge through town is closed so you hve to detour around. One flatty for me, 250 rods 35 keepers. I heard 12lbs won.

The canadian mist / baleys mixture had one of my fishing buddies heading back to the motel before they could get pizza to the table.

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Big Beef Bridge is closed probably through this coming Friday. It has been closed for two weeks and they just extended the closer for another week. Pain in the buttski! A serious trip to Silverdale entails driving 19.5 miles one-way instead of my normal 7.8.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.