Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

just recently took some beginning fly fishing classes at Pacific Fly Fishers in Mill creek. Seemed to spark an interest in me.

Now I'm just trying to find streams/rivers/lakes close to the Woodinville or Bothell area. mainly looking for trout or bass.

i know of the Snoqualmie river and others closer to the mountains just looking for something more local.

thanks for any replies and maybe we will see each other on the river :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not real familiar with that area (I'm a little more south) But the best thing to do is get a Washington gazetteer and a full tank of gas and go scouting. Google maps are great too. just look for blue on the map and go. Have fun.

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
i recommend getting a map and book on washingtons rivers. stick with rivers. you can learn lakes later and save urself the trouble. alpine lakes are easier then big deep lakes.

Do you already have a rod? A 7wt switch rod would be a sweet setup for the saltwater. i would proably learn on the saltwater since it is so close. get the washington state regulations and read it.

A good selection of flies in my opinion is specific to the species, so reasearch doesnt hurt. that said, baitfish imitations work most places, as do stimulators.

Don't know anything about the bass in seattle though. I know people fish alot of the warmwater for them.

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
shadow lake and the river right there look pretty good to me on google maps though. check ya regs! lord hill regional park has a lake that appears to be covered in floating debris.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
I have found out that being nice to people and helping them out a little keeps them here on this site longer. Being a asshole tends to drive people away from here. I have seen new people come here and ask a question and then get all kinds of flack on where not to go.

But it is just my nature to be nice until it come to the part where you don't have to be nice.

I don't think that there is anything close to where you are that is open for adults in the way of skinny water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.