Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am new to fly fishing (somewhat at least). I used to fly fish and tie flies when I was 12 years old but now I am getting back into it.

I am looking for a small lake to get started in and not too familiar with the area up here. I live in Everett and work in Tukwilla. I do have a pontoon boat.

Any suggestions?

·
Joe Streamer
4,156 Posts
Another suggestion for lakes is to simply view the WDFW stocking records and hit a lake that has been recently stocked. Even if the idea of fishing a put-and-take lake is unappealing, at least it will provide you with a way to learn. There will be plenty of fish in such lakes, and that will give you a better feedback mechanism about what you're doing right or wrong than fishing a piece of water with fewer and wild fish. Check it out here: http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/plants/weekly/

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lex: Yes. I have been in the culinary industry for about 15 or so years. I trained at the Culinary Institute of America and also trained as a pastry chef. I currently teach at Le Cordon Bleu in Tukwilla. It is my dream job. I also own a honeybee business, which, at some point soon, I would like to sell. We have raised bees and sold honey now for 7 years and it is time for me to do something less stressful and I need to focus on having fun (aka fly fishing).

·
Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek
376 Posts
Welcome aboard. A CIA grad. That's awesome. I took a sabbatical from the Video game industry and attended the Le Cordon Bleu in Pasadena CA. I worked for 3 years as a test chef for Cooks Illustrated and Americas test kitchen, But alas the benefits in the tech industry were far more conducive for raising a toddler with a gift for getting hurt. So I'm back making video games until my son gets older. I'm still a big Gastronerd and I love the foodie culture. I cure pancetta and confit anything that can walk in my spare time.
Tell me when you are free I'll put you on top of some fish.

·
Just an Old Man
35,202 Posts
Lots of lakes in the greater Everett area. And here are some year around lakes for you to play in. Blackman's in Snohomish. Cassidy Between Marysville and Lake Stevens. Flowing up around Snohomish. Just get a good map and a copy of the regs and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
149 Posts
A good spot is Martha Lake if you don't mind fishing in the middle of the city. It is right on the border of Lynnwood/Mill Creek. If I have a little time to fish but not enough time to get to a river I will throw the pontoon on the van and drive a couple minutes to get there. It normally fishes decently and this time of year you wont have much company there(during the earlier summer there are a ton of kids swimming there). Pretty much no bank access unless you want to fish the boat launch or hang out on the dock with the gear guys....Definetly bring the boat.

·
Learned skills from George Dickel
482 Posts
We used to just fish Ballinger Lake off the Lake Forest Park exit from I-5, for a few hours in the evenings. Its been a while, so I don't know if it still has any fish. I assume it gets stocked

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.