Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am moving to Seattle next week, after having spent the summer here in Vancouver. I have just returned from spending the last couple of years wandering aimlessly around the southern hemisphere with a fly rod, through New Zealand, Tasmania, and Northern Australia. I have had a wide variety of fly fishing experience, having cut my teeth brook trout fishing in the tiny Appalacian streams of Virginia, then moving out to Colorado and fishing the famous rivers of the West.
I am new to salmon and steelhead fishing, my first exposure was during a six month stint working for at the fly shop in Cabela's largest store in Dundee Michigan. The guys out there steelhead and salmon fish, although I never saw the charm in standing on a river and chucking four ounces of lead at each other, just something about hooking fish on the outside of the mouth that doesn't seem right to me. Naturally that left a bad taste in my mouth, coupled with fishing for Kokanee salmon in Colorado (where snagging them is legal). However, I caught my first two coho on a fly a month ago, and landed a few nice pinks at Cambell River a few weeks ago. I am begininng to get a better taste in my mouth, the next mission is steelhead fishing...
Anyway, I am looking for like-minded anglers in the Seattle area to get together and fish, tie flies, or just have a beer. Let me know if anyone is interested...

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah well, pinks are a bit of fun when you get this so fresh they have sea lice on them and you catch them on a six weight. Anyway, anyone interested in getting together for a beer, going fishing, tying some flies, or just swapping war stories, drop me an email.

Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.