Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WAY DOWN SOUTH.
hi..I happen to come across this forum, and enjoyed visiting ove r the past month...Thought that even though I am in south Louisiana, this group is just like the folks down here...and like most of the people I have met in my flyfishing experiences....Friendly, helpful, and enjoy sharing their passion for flyfishing.
I am the president of the local club here , north of New Orelans. I am trying to plan a trip in your direction this year..
I look forward to being a member.
Happy New Year.
Ken

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
Welcome Ken, as you've probably seen ourmembers are from around the world, or are members who have moved around to lots of places.We'rre all tied to the same Ideas and fun, so chime in and also listen and share what we will with you. The movie 'Rise' Showed them fishing for Reds and I told my son 'who cares?' He said they're great fishing and he would love to again. He was stationed at Fort Polk until it was closed and enjoyed the Louisiana fishing. Bob

·
FFF-CCI
153 Posts
Welcome to the Board. I used to live in Jackson Mississippi. I still consider that area to be home. Never flyfished down there though. I started my fly fishing career after I moved up here. When you come visit, bring some proper biscuits and some fried chicken with you. (Maybe a vat of collard greens too.) You cant get good soul food up here. Other than the lack of decent home cooking this is one of the best places in the world. Im sure you will love your visit. Cheers and Happy New Year.

John

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Welcome Ken! LA isn't so far south...we've been getting recent posts from a guy fishing big lakes in Argentina. I recently joined a fishing forum in Texas...world gets smaller everyday.

·
No longer here
4,034 Posts
Welcome, Ken. It's always good to get in infusion of new blood from elsewhere because after a while us WA locals don't have anything interesting to talk about and we just end up griping about the same old stuff and getting surly ; )
Glad to have you onboard!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.