Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting all psyched up for steelhead fishing in Washington this year then found the "closed until further notice" for Puget Sound and the OP. Are there any rivers that will be open this year?

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Hopefully your residing somewhere near the Oregon, Idaho or the B.C. border. Here in Washington there are a hand full of Indian Tribes that make up all the rules. We just buy the licence's and pay the taxes's so we can keep their FUCKING fish hatchery farms running.
Let's be accurate, how did the natives feel when my fellow European-rooters came here and "made up all the rules" on them? The US government demanded, formed, agreed to the treaties. The natives took the treaties over death.

These native tribes were forced into these roles as sovereign nations that allowed them a miniscule amount of what they had for thousands of years. Now that there are barely any fish, that miniscule amount is a mountain comparatively.

A new member on the site deserves the facts, not some biased rhetoric.

Native tribes are not a sportsman's group, they are a recognized entity that has it's rights set in stone by the government.

Good luck changing that one.

"We" all better find a solution and work together, or this will soon be a fishing history site only.

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,855 Posts
Call me an oppomist, but I think you'll be able to fish steelhead on Puget Sound rivers in the not to distant future.
SF

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome, Dave...here's a link to a WDFW website info sheet....Puget Sound and its tributaries are closed till further notice (except for C&R sea-run cutthroat and bottom fish), but the OP will open generally on the first Saturday in June:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/apr2916a/

Jim B.

·
Love da little fishies
1,678 Posts
Welcome Dave
Keep a close eye on the regs and sign up to get updates in your email.
To help you out on getting a fishing fix.
Get a 0 weight rod and go for the mountain trout
Oh beware. Tweakers, bear, cougar, mesqitoes possibility with viruses could attack u on those pristine mountain streams. Better to wait for your steelhead rush than to risk life and limb for a 6" wild cuttie

·
69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E
2,703 Posts
My family was Irish royalty until Cromwell slaughtered most of them.
My people were free nomads exporting their culture across Europe. Then some asshats converted our King and then he started chopping heads for worshipping The All Father.

Now they just have free education, medical care and $1,000,000 in the bank for every man, woman and child.

Wait, wasn't this about steelhead rivers?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.