Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Pflueger Medalist 1595 1/2 RC off eBay, which came pre-spooled with some backing and line. (I had found a Lamiglass telescoping rod at the thrift store and wanted something to match!)

However... I think that the line was spooled on "backwards." What I mean is, the way the line comes off the reel is such that when I reel it IN, I feel the drag working against me. When I pull line OUT there is no resistance whatsoever.

I'm so new to all this equipment, though, I wanted to double check that I just wasn't missing something obvious! Otherwise, I'll take all that line off and spool it on the other direction.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Which hand are you reeling with (I'm guessing left.) All of my old Medalists are set up for right hand retrieve- Old Skool style. As far as I know they're not reversible like most modern reels. When the reel is mounted on the rod, which way does the stripping guide face; that's a pretty clear signal if the reel agrees with your handedness.

EDIT: Looks like I just learned something!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.