Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visiting my parents right now down in Paradise, CA. Pulled out my dads old spinning rod and snapped some pics. Was a gift to my dad from someone who worked in the Powell shop and built rods. He offered my dad a fly rod but he said "No thanks, I don't fly fish. I'll take the spinning rod." (Darn!!!) I've caught trout on this with panther martins on my local streams when I was younger. Didn't appreciate how cool it was back then. Figured someone here would appreciate it.
Wood Musical instrument Brush Font Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice and I'm sure very unique.
I have a couple of Powell pre Schwab graphites that are still my go to rods today.
While searching for something else this morning I ran across this article on Powell history and found it quite interesting.
http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/articles/current/90/Spare+The+Rod/
Thanks for the link. Just finished reading; very interesting article. I would go to the Powell fly shop when I first got into fly fishing. Press and crew were great! I built a couple rods using their components. We had them refurbish the spinning rod I posted the picture of. They made it beautiful again. I kind of beat it up bush whacking as a kid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.