·
Language, its a virus
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 1998 I purchased a new Nissan Frontier King Cab. It is a
4 banger with a 5 speed. Yesterday I cracked the 300,000 mile
mark with the only major repair being a timing chain. It is starting
to make some strange sounds and is using a bit of oil but has been
paid off for a long long while. I can't count all the fishing trips that this trusty
rig has transported me to and from.

Anyone else over 300K on your rig?

Dave

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a 89 jeep cherokee that I sold to my brother in law when it reached 315k. he promptly wrapped it around a telephone poll, and smashed the drivers side door in so far that it touched the steering wheel. I came and got him and the poor jeep started right up and limped home... sniff sniff I miss that rig. only major problem it had was the harmonic balancer, which was an easy fix. i suspect if I never sold it to that SOB, It would still be taking me on the occasional adventure.

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
My old Ford F150 1/2 ton Straight 6 easily made it to 300,000, then like a fool I sold it. It was a 1990. Best engine ever. They don't make it anymore as far as I know.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had a 97 Dodge Caravan that went 335,000+ miles. When it came to it needing its 4th transmission it was time to shoot the old girl and put her out of her misery.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I had an 89 Toyota V6 pickup (before the tacoma) and put 350K on it before selling it. One water pump, brakes, and general maintainance is all it needed. I too, wish I had never gotten rid of it :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.