Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

This does not have anything to do with fishing except that it is my car that I use for that purpose. I was out with mtlhead on wednesday doing the fishing thing and on the way home he says to me"hear that noise and I said what noise and he said that noise that you hear when you put your brakes on". He said the is your wear indicators telling you that it is time for new brakes.

Well yesterday I made an appointment to get it done and went home and waited for the call to tell me that they were done. Well I got the call but it wasn't what I expected. They had to tell me what they were about to do and then he said(mechanic) do you drive over a lot of dirt roads and I said yes and that this is what I drive for fishing. Well he said that there was a lot of dirt on the under carriage and he said that when you wash it. I stopped him right there and said, wash it! It might shrink. You should also wash under it. I told him that I never wash. Well I might of lied I have washed it about once so far this year. After all it's a fishing car not my go to town one. I was thinking that of all the dirt that is on the floor that I might just have to run it thru a gold pan to see if there is any pay dirt there.

This just didn't come out the way it did over the telephone but it's about as close as I can get it.

Jim

·
Be the guide...
5,190 Posts
Jim - you gotta show your fishin rig much love. Nothing worse than heading to that hot spot and have your car not start or something. Espcially important if meeting up with a fishing buddy and don't want to be late (bad form). I'd rather my commuter car died on the way to work than my fishin rig on my way to good water :)

(I know, it's just dirt we're talking about, but too much dirt getting into moving parts can cause issues... Besides, love your car and it will love you back!)

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The way we keep talking on this site you would think that we knew each other. Well the only way I know Babbo Is threw this computer. But I would like to meet him sometime. To see if he fits the profile that I think he is:p . My rendition of Babby is medium height,big belly,short sore legs,knobby knees,bald,and with glasses. Oh hell. I just looked in the mirror and saw the same except that I have hair.:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :dunno :rofl :rofl .

Jim

·
Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here
1,433 Posts
RiverFishing

My theory is that Bob Lawless and Jim are twins who were separated at birth and adopted out.
Someone else can supply some ideas as to what kind of families took on the little fellas...
One thing's for sure...it makes for a great argument for environment over heredity , since if I'm right, they got the same genes, and look how it turned out.
Draw your own conclusions...:rofl

Sorry, couldn't pass this up! Hope you're both good sports!

Mike
;-)

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I think you are half right but I don't know what half you are right about. We couldn't have been born twins as I'm older that Babbo and probably better looking too. And my skin is pretty thick also. I only get mad about once a year and my year isn't up yet.:beathead Thanks for all the kind words.:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Jim

·
Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here
1,433 Posts
RiverFishing

Jim...

I resemble that remark! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.