Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case anyone was wondering why they hadn't seen many of my loudmouthed rambling Boundary-bay fueled Bellingham/Nooksack related posts recently, here's the reason.

The past few months have been a bit crazy. Stacey (my wife's) pregnancy was going weirdly. Not bad, but just a little scary with a bunch of strange things. It got to the point that through most of December, she was on bed rest. Even after all that past, I still had to deal with the "very pregnant wife" syndrome that I'm sure many of you here are used to.

In any case, my second son, Oliver showed up March 6th. A few weeks early and small-ish at 6lb 9oz, but healthy and without any complications for mom or baby.

So things are pretty crazy around our house right now with a newborn and a 23 month old toddler. We're still figuring out how to get some sleep, which is looking to be a long term issue given our situation. But all are happy and healthy. I'm not going to get any early season fishing this spring, but I'm hoping that by the time the water comes down in my favorite Cascade feeder creeks, I'll be able to duck out for some light rod trout fishing. And maybe if I'm real lucky, a trip or two over to the methow later this summer.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Congratulations to all. Welcome Oliver, looks like big brother is excited to have him around too!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Josh- congratulations buddy. we will have to get the families together one of these days. maybe we could even find the time to get out on the water.
Yeah, I don't think either of us has a lot of spare time these days with the little ones around. but we can and should make it happen.

·
Ignored Member
12,111 Posts
Congrats.

Ya know if you fish more you can cut down on that activity that creates kids. And if you fish enough that other passtime moves out. Just sayin'

·
Patrick
1,805 Posts
Is that young buck of legal size to keep?
Just pulling you a little, congrates to you and your family.
May the little one learn early to sleep through the night giving Mom and yourself easy nights.
May the older brother not ride him to hard till he gets big enough to give as good as he takes.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone. It's pretty crazy over here. But I'm really hoping to hit some small streams this summer. Even if that's all I do I'll feel successful.

·
Castaway
384 Posts
I was wondering myself. Thought maybe you got bored with us. Even thought about reaching out through photo.net.

Congrats on the new spawn. Looks like a great family. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.