Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to be able to put some of my pictures in Picasa on disk and mail to friends and relatives. Not being very computer literate I don't see an obvious way to do this. Can anyone walk me through the process?

Ive

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Ive,
Being similarly computer challenged, I usually just export pictures from Picasa to a file in my documents then burn the file to a disc. Probably not the most efficient or fastest method but it does the job. Hopefully someone more computer savvy will respond and I too can learn a better way.

·
I do science.. on fish..
975 Posts
To make a CD with pictures on it to send to people?

You'll need a blank CD, first of all.

Go to Picasa, select all the pictures that you want to burn to a CD, then go to the "Create" menu bar on top and click on "Gift CD..." You should then be able to insert the blank CD and click on "Burn Disc."
-Ethan

·
Piscatorial Engineer
1,229 Posts
Hi, Ive,

If you have the pictures stored in your computer in Picasa, put the ones you want to burn in a folder. When you click on the folder, you will see 5 or 6 buttons just beneath the folder name at the top of the window that shows the thumbnails. The fourth one over from the left is the "create gift cd" button. That should get you going.

If your pics are stored in Picasa on line, apparently you will have to download them to a folder before you can burn a cd - same procedure. Downloading will be slow - one picture at a time. Sucks, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it quicker.

I use Windows XP. You can bypass Picasa (again if your photos are on your computer) by going to Start - My Pictures - [the folder you want to open] and highlight the pics you want copies of. Then right click, and hit send to then CD and it should open your burner.

I hope that helps. I went through some of this at Thanksgiving time for a cd of Margie's parents photos for their 50th anniversary. Most pix were in Picasa on line. Ended up giving up and just hooking the computer to the TV and showing them there.

Andy

·
Premium Member
7,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, Thanks for the help! It worked on the first try without a hitch. I put all of my boatbuilding pics on a disk so I have a step by step record of what I did. It will be equally as easy to send out scenic pics to family, etc.

I wish I could get some of my relatives to use Picasa. Some of them send pictures that are so big that all you get at first is a forehead. You have to scroll around for five minutes to see who you are even looking at!:D

Thanks again, Ive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.