Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the regs and it occurred to me, if there's no boat launch can I take my canoe out on the lake or is it closed to boats all together? I couldn't find anything in the reg book about it. Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
723 Posts
I believe that as long as you do not trespass to access the lake, you are free to canoe it, with or without a boat launch.

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,855 Posts
Provided you are talking about a lake in Washington, if it isn't listed in the regulations it is closed.
SF

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,855 Posts
The folks at Mill Creek WDFW told me that it would be open year round.
You are correct, provided said "lake" isn't a beaver pond.
Rivers, streams and beaver ponds not listed in the regs are closed.
Thankfully beavers never use lakes, just ponds. ;)
SF

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I am specifically talking about lakes and ponds listed in the regs without boat launches. On the beaver side though, robins lake in Tahuya did have beaver for a while. They were trying to damn up the culvert under a road. A real PITA for the ranger

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I am specifically talking about lakes and ponds listed in the regs without boat launches. On the beaver side though, robins lake in Tahuya did have beaver for a while. They were trying to damn up the culvert under a road. A real PITA for the ranger

·
Registered
3,852 Posts

Similar thing happened to the upper Big Bear Creek in
Woodinville area. King County spent a lot of time trying to capture said villain. I suppose they finally did. He/they were damming up the drain under the roadway and causing water
over the roadway on occasion of heavy rain. I think they got a free vacation to Upper Skykomish or some other beaver vacation location.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.