Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Noob Questions...

364 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wik 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Im currently on leave here in washington visiting my family. I came prepared to fish for salmon, however im turning my interest towards trout on the fly. I havnt fly fished in 15 years and just looking to get on a river. Not too concerned about catching fish. Im staying out in puyallup and want to find a river within 1-2 hours. I used to go above cushman lake (not on the fly though) and im wondering if it would be fishable? Im mainly looking to get out with my uncle and cousin for some good quality time that doesnt involve a couch...any tips would be greatly appreciated. Also, i found a "fly fishing starter kit" at the base exchange for $40 bucks...so you know im not too serious about catching fish. I would normally splurge on the fishing equipment, but i cant take it wth me when i go bak home. Ok...last question, anyone know of a descent fly fishing shop around puyallup/tacoma area?

TIA,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.