1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
WOW!!! and she can cast too. Bob

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
next they are gonna make waders with built in heels. Im just kidding, that girl could cast circles around most of us lol
Actually, if you look at the bit where she takes a step off the beach on to a rock ... she IS sporting 'high heel shoes.' Actually, Jeong Park has several vid's on the internet, and one great thread (SpeyPages/Washington fly Fishing?) had a thread going as to 'who would you like to fish with? The other lady was April Volker out of Brit. Columbia.

fae

·
Spey Tripper
24 Posts
Don't you guys realize that there actually ARE some spey casting women who read this board, too?

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
If you are one that marvels at any caster's ability to control long lines, cast great distances with pinpoint accuracy and with seemingly effortless smooth motion this and so many other videos are fun to watch. I find those types of casting displays interesting. It is a shame that some would watch such a video and never even notice the casting skill.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
I even had my wife come watch her casting and she was impressed and she's never fly fished or gone with me when I was casting. Of course I don't ask her to read the comments, I'm not completely stupid. Bob

·
Steelhead-a-holic
950 Posts
Duh -this is the same as any other sport. Ever watch women play pool (tennis, golf, etc etc)? Some are noticing the skill, others how she looks in waders.

There are plenty of good casters. This lady is certainly a fine caster. The fact that she's a woman AND a skilled speycaster seems noteworthy to some.

I'm curious - if she'd been butt-ugly would you still have been impressed with her casting ability? Or is it just because she's young and attractive and you can't imagine why she'd want to stand out in some cold stream waving her big rod around?

Not like I care - I enjoyed both the casting and the view. There are plenty of fine women speycasters out there, and if our runs survive I'm sure there will be even more in the future. ;)

·
Where's the Bucket?
132 Posts
Look, if this chick resembled Janet Reno more than she does Michele Wie, we as (mostly) dudes wouldn't give her a second look even if she does have sick casting skillz.

No matter what the sport, if a chick is hot, of course she's more interesting to watch do her thing and female athletes use this to their advantage and I don't blame them in the least. The vast majority of hot female athletes eventually strip down and show the goods for FHM, Maxxim occasionally Playboy and other rags. Why? It increases their marketability. They can be very average at their sport but if they're hot, they can still be successful. Nothing wrong with that!

C

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.