Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trout have no politics
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a tube fly vise. I have not ever played with or seen a tube fly vise in real life, and I really don't know whats out there. I am just looking for some reviews, opinions, or ramblings regarding a tube fly vise. I already have the adapter for my rotary, I just want to upgrade.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
I have a Nor-Vise. The tube conversion is pretty slick. I like how you can vary the tension on the ends of the tube. I'm still learning to tie tubes but the five dozen or so that I've tied since gettnig this adapter I have liked the results. One of the more interesting things I've come to like is that you can use a smaller hook with shorter shank and I think that is a plus. Switching from jaws to tube mandrels on the Nor-Vise is very easy, one hex key set screw and you are tying. What rotary do you have with a tube adaptor?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have the HMH Premium Tube Vise . It does everything I need it to do . It comes supplied with three mandrels for tying different dia. tubes , but more often than not , I just clamp the tube directly into the tube jaws . You can also purchase additional jaws (I have the Magnum and Omni) , to convert it into the Standard vise . They also make a scaled down model called the Spinner , which I`ve not used .

My first tube vise was a used Renzetti , which I hated .

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
I have the HMH Premium Tube Vise . It does everything I need it to do . It comes supplied with three mandrels for tying different dia. tubes , but more often than not , I just clamp the tube directly into the tube jaws . You can also purchase additional jaws (I have the Magnum and Omni) , to convert it into the Standard vise . They also make a scaled down model called the Spinner , which I`ve not used .

My first tube vise was a used Renzetti , which I hated .
I agree. The HMH tube vise is the best IMHO, and all I'll use now. Great vise and has worked flawlessly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.