Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some time last night to swap the big boy cataraft seats around. Needed to put the two tiny tot seats up front an a solo swivel seat in the back. Took the family out to Buck Lake today to row around, check the setup, balance and weight distribution. Perfect! Two hours on the water checking out lilly pads, damsel flies galore and little gaps in the reeds. This trip was in preparation for next week's family outing on the Yakima. We'll be at the KOA camping with other friends and floating for two days. I'm hoping to get my fishing in when I bank the boat for exploration and snack breaks. Other than that I'll be on the oars showing the ladies the river. Today was a great step in preparation for that outing. If you see a family on the river, say hey, it could be us. I think everyone had a better than expected time on a "very comforatable and stable" boat as my wife said.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Ed, I know that from the two front seats the girls will be manning the 60's and the wife will be manning the 20mm from the aft deck. That will be a fun float on the Yak. enjoy others give way!

·
Just waiting on warmer weather, .......
181 Posts
I must say that I agree with J. Ficklin.
Where were these wonderful toys 25-30 years ago?
It's only been about 6 years that I even knew they existed, (outside of military usage), & when I got an upclose of a light green colored two-man, I got cotton-mouthed, just thinking about all of the good times in the low-water areas that always (seem to), hold much bigger fish because of their inaccessibility with any other conventional craft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.