Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four of us ventured over to eastern Wa. and braved the chilling cold to fish Nunnally L. on the last day of the fishing season. It wasn’t that bad if you dressed appropriately and the wind wasn’t as bad as it usually is there. We fished about 6 hours and brought to hand 5-6 nice fish as a combined effort. All RB except for one GB. Most were taken on a BH rabbit leach in brown or green, the ones you get at Hill's. That has become one of my favorite flies by the way and has accounted for many of my fish this year. Its a secret though, so just keep it to yourself! haha What was strange is the bigger fish were the only ones biting, all be it very few. Lots of smaller guys on the fishfinder though. The 2 fish I caught were both over 19" as were a couple caught by others and the GB was 18". Saw 4 other F/F’s but they were towards the west end of the lake and could tell how they were doing. All in all I’d say it was a good day to finish off a good season. I wish the state would make more lakes special regs or F/F only with one or none catch limits. These quality lakes and rivers too should be protected zealously!
Jim J

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Opps, wait till my buddy reads this! haha He was the one who said it closed, but you are of course right. We got the new extended season this year. That's good news then, some of you's out there still get a chance to go freeze and catch fish! :HAPPY
Thanks for the correction.
Jim J.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.