Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Old guy, still fishing.
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the w. end of Nunnelly on Sat. Nice cloudy overcast day with almost no wind. Got buzzed by a 2 ft rattlesnake where I got in but he was in a hurry and left. The water felt nice and cool (no thermometer) wearing Levis under my waders. I could see lots of rises as I walked down the hill and the fish were happy to eat a gray hopper any time I covered a rise. They were mostly this years plants. 8 to 11 in and lots of sunfish. I caught a few of the nicer fish but very few. Tried subsurface but the risers were the only game in town and they were mostly small. The water is very clear and a bit more cool weather might wake up the big guys. I thought about the snake as I was fighting my way through the reeds and sure enough he was waiting for me at the waters edge. A good day all around. The snake is still there.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
correct spelling is Nunnally, Lake is named after Leon Nunnally, the whats left of foundations between Nunnally and Lenice was a brothel and he own the brothel. Just some info for ya.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
"Stuart Dee - you hear that, the guy lived in a brothel between two great fishing holes! "

As cool as that is he didnt live there,I'm sure there were still some great holes to explore though, he lived by the area that would become the lake, the lakes didnt come to be untill the early 1960's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.