Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll plug this move as great for me - I can now grocery shop and get my fly tying goodies in one trip! Formerly in downtown Poulsbo, NW Angler is now in the Safeway shopping complex next to Riteaid on Bainbridge Island. Left at second light after exiting the ferry.

Jim W

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just found out about this a week ago. I tried to call Troy at the shop and found out that the number had been disconnected. I started to hyperventilate and was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I love this shop and get along with Troy pretty well so the thought of his shop closing down was not at all pleasant.

Thank goodness it is still open and I plan a trip up to see him real soon.

Todd

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to Troy Sunday - I think he's been there less than 2 weeks....all I need on the island now is an adult video rental place and Starbucks and life would be complete :)

Troy is a great guide and a great person - passionate about the local ff'ing opportunites.

Jim W

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I work there and since somebody else posted it I guess I'll say a little more.
We moved in on June 1 and have been ajusting to our new digs. Its pretty much the same shop, even the same floor. Everybody on B.I. says that they love having the shop there but we were wondering what others thought.

I am pretty sure it could be an adult video store, it all depends on how well you know troy.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I might be going down to the John Day with a bass school but I am getting my wisdom teeth out on thursday so i dont know yet... probably not. Troy will be in there this weekend and i'll be around if I dont go. I smoked the SRCs the other day out on the north end of the canal, i might try the "Bend" of the canal this weekend.
David

back room....... you dont even want to hear the stories:eek :eek :eek

·
Registered
728 Posts
I always thought the nwangler was really expensive, I live in port orchard not bainbridge island and almost 3$ for a pack of rabbit strips and wont even say what the angelhair costs turned me away from them, but they cater to novices with money who never really fished before from what I hear.

I'm probly gonna get slammed for this, been on the water to long today

saltwater flyfishing in the northwest is a science as well as an art:smokin :beer1

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
if you know where to get cheaper stuff around here, let me know. I always feel like I am getting ripped off by going to Kaufmans.
I dont really think the prices are high compared to the other shops I have been in recently.
I could write a bunch on this but "catering to novices"??? i dont see it, but thats just me...

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I think that everybody get ripped off by Kaufmans. I went into the one in Bellevue one time and was looking around. I was the only one in there but I was wearing baggy clothes so they probably thought I was a bum. They didn't even give me so much as a look. So when ever I go into a shop like that any more. I give it a once around and then tell all my friends about the place. Beside I have my places to get fly tying stuff pretty cheap.

Jim

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
are you the guy who has been going up to PnP on the - tide and getting the salmon? I went up there the other day but just fished for a little while with no success. I do need to get a picture of a SRC up there, to prove that during certain times, I could be fishing for cutts even if it is loaded with salmon.:)

I feel pretty good after getting my teeth out, but wont be going to the John Day. lets get out and fish.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have not been out yet this year in the salt....won't get into the SRC or no SRC debate, flounder are great fun this time of year. I plan to head out around 6:30 - 7PM - I'll have my baby blue stripping basket.

Jim W

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.