Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be arriving in Seattle early July and there till the end of September, and will be trying to spend most of that time fishing. Do a bit of guiding down here in NZ and also guided in Alaska last season, but am a bit lost when it comes to Washington. Keen to try for a few steelhead as well as trout. As I am over visiting my girlfriend, weekends I really have to spend with her, but if any one is keen to take a fishing fanatic out for a cast during the week, let me know.
Or, if you have any suggestions how else I can get some fishing in (I don't have a car), please let me know.
And if any of guys ( and girls!) form Washington want to come down to NZ fishing, let me know, I'm sure I could help you out somehow.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
777 Posts
G'day mate! Give me a buzz when you get in and I'll show you around, I fish two to four days a week (usually every Thursday and Friday, plus some Saturdays and Sundays when I'm not with the gf), plus a bit more during the summer, and you're welcome to join me on any of my adventures. Not to mention that I owe the kiwis a few favors, as I was well looked after while I was living down there.

Whereabouts in NZ are you from? I used to live in Paihia for a while, working on game fishing boats, and down in Tauranga...

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job.
-Paul Schullery

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Worldanglr,
tried to e-mail you but your hotmail account must be full.
Really keen for whatever sort of fishing is around.
Checked out your website too, you've sure put some effort into it - really impressive.
Will try and e-mail you again soon.
Dan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried to e-mail you again but still said your inbox was full.
I'll just keep trying.
Hope you had a great time chasing the shad, never fished for them, and it looks like I'll be getting there a bit late for them too.
Another thing, is there any good pike fishing in Washington?
Used to fish for them in England and up in AK, they're fantastic fun on the fly.
Anyway, hopefully I'll get thru to you soon.
Dan

·
Registered
777 Posts
Trying to keep up with my hotmail address is a bloody pain, but I moved a bunch of stuff offline, so try again. Shad only last until June, so you'll probably miss that. As far as pike fishing in Washington goes, there is some in the Pend Orielle county, but generally Washington is not the place for pike. The Idaho panhandle has some great pike fishing, even better if you have a boat. On the other hand, there are some opportunities for tiger musky fishing, I was on Green Lake fishing for them with Bhudda a month ago, and we both had strikes on large bunnies, although we only fished for about an hour before Bhudda's tube sank. I love pike and I love musky though, and just about anything else with big fangs, and I have a lake in mind that Sparse and I have been talking about for a while...

Anyway, try sending that email again!

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job.
-Paul Schullery

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.