Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Saturday evening for 3 hours caught 2 trout on a mayfly emerger and 2 on a gray hares ear, lost and missed several other fish. The four that I did catch were bows from 16" to 21" inches and put up a decent fight.

Sunday I fished Spectacle Lake since we were camping there. Decided to target warmwater fish and caught about 40 bluegill in an hour from 4" to 9" inches long all on dry flies. Then I tried my luck at fly fishing for bass and caught 6 smallmouth from 8" to 16" inches in an hour and half using a white bunny leech and a big black bead head woolly bugger. Later that evening we tried a different lake and I caught about 7 rainbows from 15" to 20" inches in two hours. These trout fought harder than any trout I have ever caught I had a couple 16" inchers take me to my backing using my 5wt. I caught two of the trout on a adult damsel and the other five on damsel nymphs.

Monday Morning we fished yet another lake for about an hour and half and I caught 2 Lahontan cutts, one at 20" and the other at 22" inches. Caught the lahontans on damsel nymphs. What an awesome area it is up there, I can't wait to go back up there for deer hunting and of course some more fishing.:)

fly15

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd tell you but then I would have to kill you. The lakes we fished aren't secrets I just don't want to post them over the internet and increase the pressure on them. If you give me your e-mail address I will e-mail you a more detailed report including the name of the lakes.

Oh and where does eveyone fish for smallies on the columbia, I found what looked like good spots but didn't fish because I wasn't sure if there would be any fish there. That and I didn't have time.

fly15

·
1,479 Posts
I can tell you I went up to Chopaka the first week in June and Caught a 24" rainbow on a light Cahill. I figure I could make that public because as anybody realizes they have to drive up that God-forsaken cliff to get to the lake they might change there minds. I was so darn scared going up that hill I was hugging the side of the cliff! I didn't realize it at the time but my parking pass flew out the window! so if you do go out there look for a pass it'sa freebie ! had to 10 bucks to get it replaced.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Well thank you for that report. Now I know that this is one place that I'll never get to. With my fear of heights. That lake has it made. I'll never be able to beat it into a froth. But I thought that I was the only one with that problem. How do you do on high bridges?

Jim

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Well at least there are two of us with the same problem. When ever I go any place anymore I try to plan it out so I can get there with out to many high places. Like going to downtown Seattle,I plan out my way there by going over smaller bridges. I could never get myself to drive over the ship canal bridge. If I did I would probably find myself stuck in the middle unable to move. And that ain't no lie.

Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am taking first trip to Okanagan area week of June 30, 8 days. My wife does not fish but encourages me to. Can you recommend lakes with cabins and boats to rent with good fishing, maybe some golf nearby? Thanks. WillyK. Almost retired; testing the waters, literally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.