Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
was Pram-Man
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be hitting all the usual haunts in the Okanogan week of Oct. 18th. Never been over there that late in the year so not sure what to expect weather wise and fishing wise. Hoping for the best. Anyone else going to be there lookf for the Teal Green F-150 with a Pram in the back and say hey howdy. Can always find it parked out in front of Mavericks in Tonasket around "Miller Time":beer2:

·
aka Dave Hoover
1,348 Posts
Going to be hitting all the usual haunts in the Okanogan week of Oct. 18th. Never been over there that late in the year so not sure what to expect weather wise and fishing wise. Hoping for the best. Anyone else going to be there lookf for the Teal Green F-150 with a Pram in the back and say hey howdy. Can always find it parked out in front of Mavericks in Tonasket around "Miller Time":beer2:
Hate to bust the bad news to you but I think Mavericks has just closed for good. I think I read it in the local news rag the last time I was out that way about 3 weeks ago. Things can also start freezing up out there a little by mid to late October. Who knows what'll happen this year.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dick,
The weather can be shirt sleeve, 60s-70s,or it could be cool, Blue lake in the Sinlhekin should be good, The Okanogan River opens Oct 1st for steelhead, Aeanes lake should be good, I also think that is the deer season
opener, I am from Omak origianally, I have lived in Wenatchee for the last 20 years, I have alot of Family that
still lives in the Omak area. Tight lines!!!

Flyfisher121

·
Full time single dad and pram builder
166 Posts
I've been here for over 10 years and I know we've gone trick or treating with both a down coat and wool hat at 15 degrees and also gone out in short sleeves at 65 degrees. So, I guess the bottom line is that October is as easy to predict as a fire season. I do know that it was 78 degrees at 2880' yesterday and the stink bugs, wasps and yellow jackets are out in force, worse than I have ever seen them. I'm sure the experts could say that means something. So, I can say with total certainty that "the stink bugs, wasps and yellow jackets are out in force." I'm heading to BC a week before that to try to test my new 14' and I too am hoping things aren't frozen over. Welcome to fall in the Okanogan. Bring it all, wear what you have to. Not sure about Mavericks, Shannon's has great food though and the new Rancho Chico's is suppose to have the best Mexican food in the State.

·
was Pram-Man
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Everyone for the input I appreciate it. And it is true after this weekend Mavericks will be no longer. I called Dan this afternoon and he confirmed that after sixteen years he and Debbie are going to retire. I'm going to miss that place it was a nice place to grab a steak and cold beer, and watch some sports on TV after a day on the water. And Dan was a pretty good source of info. bawling:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.