Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
For him there whould always be the riddle of steel
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an older aluminium net frame w/ an extendable handle I really like & am going to re-bag it w/ something fish friendly. I'm looking @ the Ghost bag from Brodin.

Pros / cons ?

:hmmm:

c/22

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Nice to know you can get the Ghost nets. I have knotless measure nets on alll my net frames now. Rubber on the larger two sizes and knotless nylon mesh on the smaller ones.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I put the Ghost Net on my net frame and like it. Flies don't get stuck in it. One drawback is its not as deep as old net bag so sometimes you end up having to net net a fish twice. Easier to get fish out of net also.

·
Fish all the Rivers of the West before your to old
94 Posts
Yo, can I get it local ?

c/22
I am in the process of replacing my damaged Orvis Stretch and Release bag with the XL Ghost bag. Took it to Orvis and Leland said he'd give me credit for a new Orvis/Brodin net or I could see if Brodin had a replacement bag big enough. Either option would be the same price, so I called Brodin and after they gave me their take that I should get the XL and not the L and cut it to size, I ordered it right there, got here in about 4 days. Looks like it should fit without much problems and the depth should be about the same and is really light and sturdy. Brodin told me that prior to my cutting the bag, if it did not work out I could send it back for a full refund.

·
For him there whould always be the riddle of steel
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am in the process of replacing my damaged Orvis Stretch and Release bag with the XL Ghost bag. Took it to Orvis and Leland said he'd give me credit for a new Orvis/Brodin net or I could see if Brodin had a replacement bag big enough. Either option would be the same price, so I called Brodin and after they gave me their take that I should get the XL and not the L and cut it to size, I ordered it right there, got here in about 4 days. Looks like it should fit without much problems and the depth should be about the same and is really light and sturdy. Brodin told me that prior to my cutting the bag, if it did not work out I could send it back for a full refund.
Thanks, just ordered mine from them. I got the XL bag too.

c/22

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.