Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an old outboard motor. It's a Mongomery Ward Sea King, 9.6 Horsepower of the mid to late 70's vintage. It runs great, but the hood is a bit battered. Does anyone know of a dealer, either brick and mortar or inet, where I might be able to find a new/used hood? All help greatfully accepted.
Yours,

Lotech Joe:dunno

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Lotech Joe,
I had one of those very motors. Got it from a guy for ten bucks. I was afraid to ask him if it ran because I thought he might punch me. "Wanna hear it?" he says. It ran like a top for years, but it was butt ugly--I wonder where all the tops have gone? Anyway I think Evinrude made it, not sure. Monkey Wards didn't make anything. I'd fix the hood with some fiberglass tape and then use Bondo. Sand nicely, and print, "Evinrude" on the sides."
You might have to stop calling yourself Lowtech Joe if you do a nice job.
Bob
:thumb

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,
Good advice. I was thinking about using something called Glove-It to seal the inside. Then fill the outside cracks and repaint. Sounds like a lot of work, but that may be the way I have to go. I like the idea of relabelling it. Maybe just LOTECH on each side would look good?
Lotech Joe;-)

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

What are you going to do. Mount it on your float tube. And I wouldn't name it anything As people that know you will probably all leave you. Or you could just call it, BoB.

Jambo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.