Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved to new home, and emptying old boxes (this case boxes of old photos) drew me up short ... to put it mildly. First handful from the first box were two photos of my ex (soon to be un-ex?) from about 10 years before I met her (Joan). My jaw hit my chest.

I've seen photo's of beautiful women before (ho-hum) but Dear God she was (still is) in her mid-30's one of the most beautiful women to walk this Earth. A gen-U-ine 9.999.:ray1:

Is there a way (save for turning these over to a pro) to copy (no negative that I could find) into much larger pictures? These I want in frames on my wall.

Fred

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone with a decent scanner can copy the photo and print it at a lager size, or they can put it on a CD and you can take it to a photo place and have it printed at any size. Of course the size will be limited to how high the original photo's resolution is. At some point it will get too fuzzy.

Or take the photo to Walmart or any place that has a self service photo kiosk that has a built in scanner, and then just wade through the directions.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you've got some bigger issues to fix before you go wasting time with pictures. Go give that woman a call! What the hell ya waiting for!?
More truth to that than you may guess Jesse. First met Joan on the first or second of June, 1984. We were 'new hire' as Department Managers; same Boss who introduced us. Gather in 45 days people were beginning to 'talk,' in 90 days I knew I didn't want to be a Bachelor anymore (at age 45). At 120 days she had a 'ring on her finger.' Rest is history.
Good call to on Wal-Mart; will give them a call (to see if they have a set up for that).

Edit: There's also a Costco in the big-box complex, so another opportunity to explore.

fae

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Go to one of those places that sells cameras. They seem to know more than Walmart on saving pictures. A scanner will just reproduce what is there it will not restore what you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.