Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Yes, they were visually sumptuous productions, weren't they? And filled with priceless information to determine things like things like when the "brownies" were current, and what each model was recommended for. I have ten, from 1991 to 2009. I won't sell them all, because I want to keep some for the information, and others like the 1996 catalog. The cover shot of a solitary angler stalking a riser on Idaho's Big Lost River is the most gorgeous fly fishing photograph that I've ever seen.

What were you thinking about paying?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a bunch of them but threw most of them away when I moved some 10 years ago. I like the information on the rod's specifications like weight, tip diameter, etc.

Which of the ones you got still has the 500 reel series described?

I don't know what old catalogs are worth? I'd be interested up to 1993.
A real good scan would be okay too.

Just let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I have the 1991 catalog in excellent condition. It has the specs for the 503 L, 504 L, 505 L, 506 L, 508 and 509 reels: capacity, weight, etc. I'll sell it for $5, delivered. Sorry that I haven't had time to answer you until now.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I was thumbing through some stuff today and ran across a 1976 Dan Bailey's catalog,
made me feel old.:(
A two year old fly fishing catalog is scrap paper; the same catalog when 40 years old can be a valuable piece of history.

Reactions: Old406Kid

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sorry, I can't find any of my real early ones I have are 1980- 1990 10th anniversary catolog, 92,93,94,96,98,99, and 02, a couple of the early 90s I have doubles and one is new in a envelope that they sent me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.