Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Hope stream/river opening was enjoyable. I did not get to go yesterday, but will plan on getting out soon. Meantime I will fish for Sea-runs on my beach :thumb

I was wondering if anyone has a "general" area that I might go either on the Olympic Penn. or up in the actual Olympics for me to go the weekend of June 13-14...Small streams off forest service roads work well, I do not need to goto a place with lunkers...Small trout catch well on a fly for me, I release them all anyway...I just like taking them on the fly. Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated. BTW anything within a couple of hours of Vashon Is. would be great.
THANKS!

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
I never did a lot of small stream fishing for trout growing up. We did some, but most were fished while on main rivers floating down and hitting mouths of streams or walking up a bit.

But, I will say try heading up to the upper Hoh. There are a few slots up near Willoughby that used to hold some nice cutts/dollies. Then further upstream near the ranger station is a good spot. Park and hike the trail up river. You'll find some good lies, and with using trout flies you'll usually avoid the kings/steelhead that may be up there right about now. But you never know, you may get a screamer on the end of your 5wt. So hold on and pray. LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
I live in Port Orchard and went for a ride yesterday up to the Hamma Hamma Area to look at the small streams and lakes. Try Jefferson Creek and Elk lake saw fish in booth not big but fish easy to get to good roads and about 1.5 hr's from hear. Lots of small creeks in that area but haven't fished it in years.:beer2 :dunno

·
Registered
84 Posts
You may want to try the Dewatto. I haven't looked at the new regs, but if it is open you may be able to catch some searun cutts. I have had some luck there catching searuns and small resident cutthroat. I may fish there the weekend after next with my dad. I will let you know how we do.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I landed a sixteen inch dolly on the Elwah river, between the dams last friday and had two other fish on. My buddy also had a couple on. All this in one short section in about two hours of time.

River was up but not raging, and had that glacial silt appearance to it, but not terribly bad.

Todd

·
Registered
1 Posts
My fiannce and I are planning an overnight camping trip to the Duckabush and we're wondering about the shape of the river. Has anyone seen the flows or would care to speculate on the condition of the river? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.:thumb Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.