Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Aloha, now that is what happens when you drink too many longboards, fall over and try to take a picture. Good luck on Kauai, I was out yesterday in kona and had a big bone smoke me into the coral. Need to go back for revenge and to get my fly back. Saw lots of nice bones, one over 10lbs. Hawaii is fishing great right now, having fun on spring break. Mems.

·
Tidewater Enthusiast
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice! Words are good too (hoping a report is coming).
Cloud Water Sky Water resources Coastal and oceanic landforms

A great couple of days on the North Shore of Oahu with the wind being a pain in the ass but manageable.... this is a favorite "secret spot" that I used to fish as a kid with a cane pole and a shrimp for small hinalea and goat fish.... it is a small island off shore that you can wade to on a low tide... today was able to land about 4 nice small papio and one LDR on what looked like a big blue trigger/surgeon fish of some sort.... it is good to be back "home" although when you spend so much time on the mainland as an adult the aina feels small and different and even unrecognizable at times.... sunburned as shit as well... alohas to all.... ST out

·
Tidewater Enthusiast
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aloha, now that is what happens when you drink too many longboards, fall over and try to take a picture.
Thanks for the heads up just now was able to get on my moms laptop and see the sloppy photo it was posted from my new phone.... shooting for some big bones tomorrow at K Bay and then next week after family is gone and we go to town for some Hawaii Kai flats action.... hana paa!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.