Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sage

Sage Manufacturing Introduces the VXP Rod Family with Incredible Power and Efficiency 08.17.2010 – (Bainbridge Island, WA)

Sage Manufacturing, fly fishing industry leader, announces the launch of a completely new family of fly rods with the VXP series. Combining versatility and power with the smoothness that Sage customers have come to expect.

The VXP is the most powerful fast action rod Sage offers at a mid-price point with plenty of high-end features. With ultra high line speed and a slender shaft design that reduces overall weight, each rod in this series is exceptionally smooth and responsive. A beautiful Shadetree Green shaft is appointed with Dark green, Silver and Black trim wraps and hard-chromed snake guides. The freshwater models feature an anodized aluminium reel seat with a walnut diamond-wood insert and the saltwater and spey models have a full anodized aluminium reel seat. All VXP rods are 4-piece configurations.

“The needs and desires of avid anglers drove us to exceed even our own high expectations with the VXP series,” comments Sage Rod Designer, Jerry Siem. “Designing a series of rods with such high end features that are this responsive was a challenge that we met and now stand behind with great confidence.”

·
Physhicist
4,022 Posts
I was going to buy the whole line of NRX's but now will probably split my new arsenal with as many VXP's.

Maybe I'll just wait to see which are more expensive and buy those because they must be better. This whole flyfishing thing has become too complicated for me. Always buying new gear. I did catch a fish last Nov on the Yak so I guess it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I still love my 389 LL-wish they would bring that line back! Also, my RPL+ still sees a lot of action as well. OK-I do like my Z-Axis which I got at a store closing, but I always wonder how many rods a person needs (and I have WAY too many according to my wife!) If fly fishing isn't growing all that much and they keep "inventing" new rods, are people discarding last year's model for a new one? With lifetime replacement guarantees, rods don't really wear out, like a car might, so the whole thing puzzles me. Rick

·
still an authority on nothing
2,194 Posts
I was going to buy the whole line of NRX's but now will probably split my new arsenal with as many VXP's.

Maybe I'll just wait to see which are more expensive and buy those because they must be better. This whole flyfishing thing has become too complicated for me. Always buying new gear. I did catch a fish last Nov on the Yak so I guess it's worth it.
Damn, PT, that was as dry as good gin. you kicked my ass, made me spew.
three thumbs up bro!

·
Flyslinger
1,937 Posts
I got a chance to cast the new VXP it is replacing the VT-2 in the Sage lineup and since I think the VT-2 is one great rod I wasn't thrilled that they moved it out of the line. Well the VXP is all of the VT-2 and more. It is lighter and a little faster but it is an easy rod to cast. It has a beautiful green finish. This is a Mid price rod in the line-up and probaly will be in my arsenal as soon as they are available in October.
I also was able to cast a 2wt TXL-F and it was a delight. I did not think a 2wt would be something that I would own but I tell you what this baby would be fun on the local blugill lake It is so light and the double taper Sage line that was on it performed really well.
I don't see how the technology in fly rods could get any better but I suppose one of the manufacturers is working on the next new great thing.:thumb:
Blessings
jesse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.