Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im heading to the OP for the first time and trying to decide what rods to bring. i was going to bring a 11' 7, 12'4 8, and 14' 9/10, but im considering ditching the 11' 7 and bringing a 13' 9 instead which is my go to stick. is the 11' going to be especially valuable on the smaller rivers, or will the 12'4 be a good fit as well...planning on fish the bogie, hoh, sol duc etc but if they blow out we could end up anywhere in oregon or washington?

thanks for any insight,

zack

·
Registered
552 Posts
Agree with TW. I have learned not to leave that 7 wt switch at home when hitting the OP. It will be invaluable to swing small rivers and if you go to the darkside and nymph, that is my weapon of choice.

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
Attack,

Tough to beat 7 and 8 wt as all around steelhead Spey rods, unless ya' just gotta' have something else. I use a 7/8 wt on the rivers you mention. I have an old 9140 that works fine, but just isn't as comfortable as the newer and lighter rods.

Sg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.