Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Orcas island this weekend and was wondering if there is any fishing to be had on the island. I know Pass Lake is nearby and the Sound/Strait might be ok for silvers but what about a few of the lakes on the island. Anyone have any pointers or suggestions?

thanks
jr

p.s. I went to Lenice and friends yesterday and the fising was great. Caught most of the fish on a damsel fly nymph. Should get even better as things cool down in the next month or so.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm headed to Orcas island this weekend and was wondering if there is any fishing to be had on the island. I know Pass Lake is nearby and the Sound/Strait might be ok for silvers but what about a few of the lakes on the island. Anyone have any pointers or suggestions?
[/quote]

I would recommend Mountain lake in the state park. It looks more pristine and less overcrowded than Cascade. The lake surrounded by dense timber and shore access very limited. Float tube highly recommended. There is also boat ramp and canoe (or kayak) rental.
Trout is not large there (like in most Alpine lakes) but very active and you will have some fun

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.