Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a while back that I had snapped the tip section of my 8wt. Operator error, not material defect. Sent it back to Orvis and had a brand new replacement rod waiting on my doorstep three days later, no questions asked. What a great experience! Say what you want about their rods; their customer service is awesome!

·
Go Cougs!!!
271 Posts
Posted a while back that I had snapped the tip section of my 8wt. Operator error, not material defect. Sent it back to Orvis and had a brand new replacement rod waiting on my doorstep three days later, no questions asked. What a great experience! Say what you want about their rods; their customer service is awesome!
iagree I own several Orvis rods and I've had excellent customer service from the company & staff at Bellevue store when I broke my tip on one rod (at fault) and damaged my grip on a different rod (also, at fault). Orvis truly stand behind their products.:thumb:

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Orvis as a company offers great service, but the Bellevue crew, particularly Leland Miyawaki, kick it up a notch or two. Tough to find this day and age!!

·
Willing to learn anything...
302 Posts
My favorite 5wt. is an Orvis Helios, purchased from Leland a couple of years ago, what a rod!
I have never understood why they take so much heat about their rods. I own three, one of which is a Zero Gravity 8 wt. that has landed a pile of bone fish and a couple of stray Trevalle...wouldn't trade it period.
Customer service at the Bellevue store is outsatnding as well.
Having said all of that, I broke my Sage 696RP, a now obsolete blank, and Sage replaced it with a 696RPL for $40.00. The broken rod was about 25 years old, fabricated before the life time warranty. Sage does a great job as well.:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.