Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,711 Posts
They did the same thing a few months ago. My buddy and I split a dozen flies from the Orvis shop in Jackson, Wyoming. Call me ungrateful, but I can't see the rationale. The recipients are almost all Orvis customers, so what do the free flies persuade us to do? Does the parent company or the shop owners absorb the loss?

· Registered
3,187 Posts
They did the same thing a few months ago. My buddy and I split a dozen flies from the Orvis shop in Jackson, Wyoming. Call me ungrateful, but I can't see the rationale. ?
They are getting you to make an in-person visit to one of their Corporate-owned stores with a free promo. That is the rationale. They are expecting to get "lift" in the form of other purchases you will hopefully make after you pick out your free dozen trout flies.

· A collector never stops collecting!
4,836 Posts
What's the Orvis magazine? How does one go about getting it? A search of their website didn't bring anything up...

Thanks,
Kenneth
It's their catalog, but is as big as a magazine! I'll be down there sometime this weekend for Orvis days, hopefully Saturday since there is a scotch tasting that day!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.