Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Orvis makes good on boots

Tags
good on orvis
2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Thrasybulus 
#1 ·
During a recent trip to EWA the felt on my Encounter boots started to come off. I nearly took a nose dive as the one boot toe folded over about 4 inches. The day was done, luckily and we headed back to the house. Once there I duct taped both of them so I could continue fishing the next day.

When I got home I called Orvis in Bellevue and Jason said "no problem". So the next day I drove down 405 (good thing I'm retired and not in a hurry) and swapped them for a new pair. The new ones now have the felt sewn into the sole and should not repeat the blowout. I appreciate that Orvis stands behind their products and continues to improve on them, even their entry level equipment.

I thought the tape made a certain fashion statement, don't you?

Footwear Shoe White Leg Light

See less See more
#5 ·
had a similar experience as well.

One metal lace loop broke on my Clearwater boots I bought in June, called Orvis Bellevue and Leland said just bring them in for a swap. It was that easy.

Felt a bit culpable (because it was saltwater corrosion) so I picked up a new reel from them.

#6 ·
A year ago before September i lost the felt on one of my Orvis boots (luckily it was at the end of the day fishing) - i took them to a shoe repair shop and paid to have them re-felted. I didn't know about Orvis fixing them for free. This is nice to know! Though i doubt i'll wear them out again.

#7 ·
Geez, now I feel like a chump. My very first pair of fishing boots (haven't been at it that long) were Orvis branded boots but made by Korkers. The entire front of the sole blew out and was flapping free from the upper after about a half season of fishing with them. Took them into Bellevue and they kid at the counter almost laughed at me and said no chance they'd do anything about it since it's "normal wear and tear" and then invited me to purchase a brand new pair. This is why I no longer buy any Orvis gear. Glad there are more positive stories vs. negative ones though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.