Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the new RM III and its a great reel. I do however notice that my older cassettes don't turn as easily as the new one. One of them downright rubs with a metallic noise. They must wear out, am I wrong? Should I mail them back to Orvis? I don't have the original reciepts and I bought them back east. If anyone has a suggestion please help me. Thanks:dunno

· Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

Isn't there a Orvis store in Bellevue. Take them there. I'm sure they will help you out. Don't ask me where,you have to find it on your own.

Jim

· Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,781 Posts
My experiences with Orvis have always been positive. Anytime I have had a question or problem they stepped right up to it. Most of the time they will replace stuff right away.They have never asked me for a receipt. If there's a problem with the spindle on your reel, maybe you could send all of the rig in, spools etc,( make sure to not send in the line and backing as it just slows down the repair shop). They will test evertything and make the needed repairs or service.Sometimes cassette spools are a little out of dimension- this is true for all systems of cassettes I have seen, not just Orvis. That's a nice reel when it's dialed in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GREASED LINE FLY SHOPPE RULES

I took the reel and spools to the Greased Line in Vancouver WA and they replaced the spool no questions asked. They even threw in some backing. Great service like that won't happen without me giving a big THANK YOU. They also have the best HEX flies I have ever seen. Couldn't leave withous spending a few bucks. If you've never been its off I-5, 78th St exit in Vancouver. 6608 NE 88th St. Really a great place for curious up and comers to get a complete outfit and classes.:thumb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.