Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Dude Abides
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

We'll I am back at it again, holding a film premier in Spokane to benefit the Wild Steelhead Coalition April 27th

https://www.facebook.com/events/234072303723075/

Our Two Hands is a full length feature film from Bloodknots detailing the state of the union for Steelhead

Here's the kickstarter video that launched the project a few years back

From the filmmakers
Society has an intimately complex and perilous relationship with salmon and steelhead. The current management paradigm has failed, and the status quo solutions for restoring impoverished wild populations have proven elusive. "Our Two Hands" is an examination of the underlying cause of this decline, as well as the innovative voices in the angling community and general public fighting for a wild fish future in the Pacific Northwest.

Also joining us will be local outdoor conservation and fishing non profits like Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, Save Our Wild Salmon, Spokane Riverkeeper, Spokane Falls TU and more.

Being a fundraiser, we're going to have a massive raffle to keep everyone on their toes. Currently I have commitments for 4 guided trips (Clearwater, SW Montana, Oregon Coast), rods, reels, artwork, fly lines, custom nets, books, flies, apparel and a whole lot more. I'll keep this page updated as to the items that come in.

Let me know if you have any questions on the event or if you want to be involved. It's going to be a great night of community and fundraising...all wrapped around an amazing new film about the sport we love.

Hope to see you there!
Cloud Water Plant Sky Water resources
Sky Wood Grass Landscape People in nature
Water Sky Mountain Plant Natural landscape

All images provided by Asher Koles of Bloodknots

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
I am looking forward to this event! Thanks for taking the time to continue to support and grow our community Josh. I expect to see quite a few of the local board members there!

·
The Dude Abides
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for a little update on the event and more specifically, the raffle

We're up to 5 guided fishing trips to give away this upcoming night on the 27th of April

1. 1 day guided and 1 night accommodations with Justin and Kate from Frigate Travel at their location on the Oregon Coast for the 2018 Winter steelhead season
2. 1 day guided in Twin Bridges Montana with Joe Willauer from Evolution Anglers
3. 1 day guided for steelhead on the Grande Ronde in the Fall of 2017 with guides from the Silver Bow Fly Shop
4. 1 day guided with for steelhead on the Clearwater with the Clearwater Steelhead Syndicate
5. 1 day guided on the OP with Mark Shamburg from Confluence Fly Rods

Additionally we have

Two pieces of custom one of a kind commissioned artwork from local Spokane artists
2 hand crafted nets from Bitterroot Net Company
9 foot 5 wt from Cabelas
Big Schwag pack including apparel and fly tying kits from Loon
Box full of Rep Your Water Gear
Lines, hats and stickers from Echo
2 rounds of Sporting Clays at Landt Farms
apparel from Fish On Energy

Many others have committed to donations but until they arrive I'm not going to say just quite yet. Hope to see you all there on April 27th

Again, here's the link for the event on FB
https://www.facebook.com/events/234072303723075/

·
The Dude Abides
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's down to the final countdown. 6 days to go and I hope to see you there

We're up to 5 guided trips to be given away, along with nets, rods, lines, flies, hats, t-shirts and more

Check out this artwork just donated

Cloud Sky Plant Fin Fish

See you next Thursday at the Lincoln Center in Spokane

·
The Dude Abides
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What a night. The conservation community really showed up and had their wallets open.

After all was said and done, we netted over $6,000. A big thank you to all involved and who came to the showing.

Additionally, last night was the first showing of that film anywhere. Our Two Hands is bloody amazing, go see it if you can

Thank you, I am tired, humbled and extremely happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.