Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though I have a pram, weight of it is an issue on eastside unimproved lake launches. Searching around I read Boats - My Outcast OSG Clearwater and was intrigued. So bought one. 35 pounds? Yeas please. Even better is it works in rivers also.
Plus’s- to many to note. Weight is a big one. Lot’s of room, maneuvers well. Found a bag that fits it to go under bed in travel trailer. Inflates in 10 minutes. Carry in bed of truck or on top of bed cover. Fins work with it. Release fish between my legs.
Cons- wet in rapids, the water hits inflated seat support and splashes up. Wind on lakes using fins, but so did a ‘toon.
I was able to install the fish finder with a side arm extension.
The only decent rapid was “maybe” a class 2, but felt safe. Same on the lake, can move around, lean.
Others that have one, what modifications have you done? Anyone figured out a stripping apron yet?
Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Vehicle

Water Watercraft Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Tree

Nature Organism Plant Beak Bird

Water Mountain Water resources Plant Natural landscape

Water Plant Sky Tree Vehicle

Plant Water Water resources Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Luggage and bags Grass Bag Lawn Grassland

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve used mine on harder sections of the SolDuc. Haven’t done it yet but id be comfortable on the Bear Ck section. (I was boated that section a ton in a kayak and 10.5’ paddle raft and oars)
Let me know if you come up with a good stripping apron set up. I’ve just attached a basket at my left hip. Not great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve used mine on harder sections of the SolDuc. Haven’t done it yet but id be comfortable on the Bear Ck section. (I was boated that section a ton in a kayak and 10.5’ paddle raft and oars)
Let me know if you come up with a good stripping apron set up. I’ve just attached a basket at my left hip. Not great.
I did set one up, if I get a chance tomorrow to take it to the lake I will post some photos and tell if it works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Though I have a pram, weight of it is an issue on eastside unimproved lake launches. Searching around I read Boats - My Outcast OSG Clearwater and was intrigued. So bought one. 35 pounds? Yeas please. Even better is it works in rivers also.
Plus’s- to many to note. Weight is a big one. Lot’s of room, maneuvers well. Found a bag that fits it to go under bed in travel trailer. Inflates in 10 minutes. Carry in bed of truck or on top of bed cover. Fins work with it. Release fish between my legs.
Cons- wet in rapids, the water hits inflated seat support and splashes up. Wind on lakes using fins, but so did a ‘toon.
I was able to install the fish finder with a side arm extension.
The only decent rapid was “maybe” a class 2, but felt safe. Same on the lake, can move around, lean.
Others that have one, what modifications have you done? Anyone figured out a stripping apron yet?
View attachment 373762
View attachment 373765
View attachment 373767
View attachment 373764
View attachment 373766
View attachment 373768
View attachment 373763
@Fourbtgait

what is your packing technique to get the OSG that compact?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Grass Tints and shades
Hood Outdoor recreation Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Plant Grass
Outcast sells a pontoon boat stripping apron that seems like it could work. This was my first attempt, I think it can be set up several ways but none of them seem optimal. I’m surprised they don’t have the same pockets that are on the stealth pro where you insert the plastic legs of the apron.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts